>> Global negative income tax

It's not just a coincidence that the world's largest democracies have
the most catastrophic wars, the most debt, the most regulations, and the
highest taxes. The power seekers of the world seek power, and the most
power is at the top. The freest countries offer the most to take by the
power seekers at the expense of us all. You propose to end war with a
global democracy, but wars will never end as long as we give the power
seekers the ability to wage war. You propose to end poverty with a
global government, but poverty will never end as long as we give the
power seekers our money. What you propose is a contradiction.

Math doesn't exist in the real world. It is an abstract logical science
developed to help us quantify the world around us. The scientific method
doesn't exist in the real world. It is a science developed to help us
understand the world around us. But where people do not question the
validity of math and science to solve real-world problems, they do
question the validity of morality when working with other people,
declare it worthless, and then put together elaborate schemes, like a
global democracy, to try to solve complex moral problems. Your system is
a contradiction and cannot solve the problems you identify because you
separate value from the valuer. Something can only have value to someone
specific. Your solutions to poverty are someone else's prescriptions for
tyranny. The value you place on ending poverty, comes at the expense
that someone else places on the value of their money -- for if they
agreed with you, then they would donate their money to your cause. For
those who don't agree with you, you take their money with the threat of
violence. This is the nature of taxation, and the nature of those who do
not try to work with others using a moral code.

Almost everyone here is a visionary. We believe in the future with the
knowledge that all of our theories will someday give way to better
theories which will lead us to a life with infinite energy where
fantastic devices await us. We are able to see the possibilities where
few look, and are willing to look where few believe possibilities lie.
This is why we're all on this list; looking for the next great future
discovery. So open your eyes and realize that if you want to live in a
world without war, without poverty, without constant political strife,
then stop giving power to those who seek power. Stop building complex
political systems where the few achieve their goals at the expense of
everyone else who is not in power. Democracy does not give you equality;
it gives you a methodological system of self-immolation, like in the
episode of Star Trek where a society had abolished war only to replace
it with a computerized system of war, where people affected in a
simulated attack had to REALLY go and allow themselves to be killed as
if the attack had actually occurred. They replaced war with a game of
war, and you have replaced morality with a game of morality called
democracy.

The solution is simple: we need to start treating other people as
equals. So build a moral code with equality as an axiom; and apply
whatever theory you develop, equally to everyone. Make no exceptions for
race, gender, class, nor any other type of aggregation. Make no
exception for any group of people, and you will find that the moral
theory you develop will not give power seekers the power they desire
over others. Make no exception for government. So if it's wrong to
steal, then it's wrong to tax. If it's wrong to kill, then it's wrong to
wage war. If it's wrong to commit aggression, then force will only be
used in defense from aggression.

If you do this; if you build a society which respects the values of
others and does not take from some people to help some other people,
then you will find people banding together to solve problems like
poverty, all working together in the mutual spirit of assistance, and
not as slaves forced to give up the money they value, for someone else's
good idea.

In the 1800s, the abolitionists showed us that we must have political
equality between the races. In the 1900s, the suffragettes showed us
that we must have political equality between the genders. Realize now,
that if we are to move forward from a world based on violence, then we
must stop institutionalizing violence, and build a world with political
equality for everyone.

Craig Haynie