Hi,

On 10-8-2011 22:14, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Terry Blanton wrote:

If this were a problem, would it not have been spotted when the UHF channels were operating in these bands? Populations near these station broadcast transmitters were exposed to huge amounts of radiation from channels 49 thru 69. Here in Atlanta, the transmitter was on top of the Peachtree Plaza hotel.

Isn't the radiation more intense when the signal is generated right next to your scull? I wouldn't know but that is what I heard. Cell phones are low powered but they are held right up against the head.

- Jed

From what a former colleague (he was a GSM/Cell phone equipment trainer (i.e. transmitter and switching equipment, so NOT the mobiles there-self)) of me (at former AT&T/Lucent Technogies) years ago told me, was that it was not wise to climb in the pole due to high radiation levels, where the antenna was attached; as this could be compared to frying something in an unprotected microwave oven, but that according to him the mobiles them-selfs were not dangerous due to the low radiation level.

Kind regards,

MoB