Jouni Valkonen <jounivalko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Was this approach right or wrong, it can be debated. I think that it was
> just wrong approach.

I agree. Plus I think a test of a 1 MW reactor is fraught with difficulties.
It is much easier to test 1 to 10 kW.

> In my opinnion Rossi should have opensourced this technology back in 2009
> when he filed patent application.

I think what you mean here is that he should have revealed the technology in
anticipation of getting a patent. Not that he should have given it away.
Some people have suggested he should give it away because it is so
important, and it will save so many lives. That would make him the most
generous philanthropist in history. I think it is asking too much that he
should be both a brilliant inventor and also a philanthropist.

The problem with your plan may be that his patent is weak. He and Defkalion
have both said they will rely on trade secrets to protect their intellectual
property. That tells me his patent is weak.

I do not know much about patents but his other patent seems weak. Very weak.
Like trying to stop an automobile with a spider's web.

I do know about trade secrets. I predict that a few months after
corporations worldwide realize the Rossi reactors are real, this trade
secret will be broken in dozens of corporations in the U.S., Europe, Japan
and China. You can protect a trade secret for a product with a niche market
that calls for inside knowledge, skill,  and lots of art. Conventional
catalysts are a good example. You cannot protect a trade secret for a rather
simple device that is vital to every industry on earth, and that is worth
hundreds of trillions of dollars over the next 100 years.

I am only guessing here, but my impression is that Rossi is stuck. He seems
to have no good method of protecting his intellectual property. That's
awful. Assuming it works, it is the most valuable discovery in history and
he deserves a trillion dollars in royalties. I fear he may get nothing.

If he gets nothing in the end, this will be partly his own fault. His
personality may be causing problems. But it seems to me his main problem is
that this particular intellectual property is very tough to protect. I
cannot think of a good marketing strategy. I wouldn't know how to do this.
If he asked my advice, I would suggest he talk to experts in patent law and
intellectual property. Perhaps he has talked to them. Maybe he has a good
strategy. I don't see how doing a 1 MW demonstration would fit into a good
strategy, but since I know nothing about his plans I cannot judge.