----- Original Message -----
> On Sep 3, 2011, at 3:34 AM, Peter Heckert wrote:
> My point was that the drawing posted showed two 300 W resistors.
> Rossi put 1200 W through his device in at least one test, AND his
> controllers output 220 V max. This indicates he has a device with
> multiple band heaters, or lower resistances and higher power ratings.
> Perhaps he has a higher wattage 220 V immersion heater inside. Who
> knows?

The original (Jan/Feb) eCat had multiple outputs from the controller. I think
the 1200 W was for the maxi.

The Mini eCat has only two.

Off-topic : Resistor Burnout.

When I was in England (220V) I bought an American Hallicrafters radio ... so I
carefully cut a resistive voltage-drop cord to match.  A friend came to stay,
and while I was out, noticed that the cord was warm, so he kindly replaced it.
Bye-bye radio.