On Sep 14, 2011, at 6:11 AM, Jouni Valkonen wrote:

See the E-cat run in self-sustained mode
http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_miljo/energi/article3264362.ece

[snip]

This video also disproofs "wet steam hypothesis" as steam and hot
water are clearly separated. There is definitely not Abd's
"atomization" of water, but steam quality is ca. 99-98% as it should
be according normal steam physics.

–Jouni

"The quality of steam can be quantitatively described by steam quality (steam dryness), the proportion of saturated steam in a saturated water/steam mixture.[4] i.e., a steam quality of 0 indicates 100% water while a steam quality of 1 (or 100%) indicates 100% steam." See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vapor_quality

Steam quality chi is given by:

   chi = (mass of vapor)/(mass total)

"Mass total" clearly includes liquid water, because a steam quality of 0 indicates 100% water by mass.

It would have been interesting to see the hose pulled off the older E- cats. I have no doubt whatsoever water poured out of them and out the hose. I see my calculations and assertions thoroughly vindicated. The hose was pulled off as I suggested and water gushed out along with the steam.

I have to wonder if anyone associated with Rossi ever going to actually do calorimetry on the output?

Sticking the one and only output measuring thermometer down inside the device is still as useless as ever for calorimetry purposes. It likely is directly heated by its metal surroundings. The water pulsing out of the device is clearly not 130°C. What is likely indirectly being measured by the thermometer is the build-up of temperature in the large masses of lead, and copper, etc. within the insulation. I expect the thermometer is probably still in a metal well. The only difference this time is the thermal resistance is much lower between that well and the large metal thermal mass. Before the thermal wicking into the thermometer well easily could have accounted for a few °C, now it likely accounts for 30°C.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/