On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Horace Heffner <hheff...@mtaonline.net> wrote:
>

>> If I did the calculations right, then this indicates the device could blow
>> up.  If there are emergency steam relief valves on the devices the steam
>> could be released inside the container.
>
> Some friends of mine who wish to remain anonymous know a great deal about
> heating plants of this nature. They say this design is dangerous and likely
> to explode. I do not know enough about engineering to judge. I can say looks
> extremely complicated with all those pipes and control wires. This is not a
> good first step for this technology. Rossi should begin by demonstrating
> much simpler machines.
> I would be very nervous about going to see a demonstration of this machine.
> I would not want to go close to it unless it had been run for thousands of
> hours. Obviously it will not be run that long in a month or two. I think
> there is little chance this machine in its present state will be ready for a
> demonstration by the end of next month.

I agree with you and Horace.  If it can explode, it will explode, and
at the worst possible moment (Murphy's law and first corollary).

This device needs to be properly engineered with feedback and controls
to help stabilize the reaction.  Hopefully, the engineers at GE, or
whoever AR has signed in the US, will disallow the demonstration until
it has been properly redesigned.  Otherwise, this has the potential to
set back CF years if it kills someone.

And keep Feynman away from it.

http://peswiki.com/index.php/PowerPedia:Joseph_Papp's_Noble_Gas_Engine