2011/9/26 Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>:
> I suggested that they combine this method
> with other methods because this only produces one data point per test. It
> only works when power is stable. So you need another method to be sure that
> it is stable.

We need to hope that Brian Josephson will do also the steam sparging
test to check the calibration of his heat exchanger.

>> The steam hose appears larger than Rossi's.
>
> Maybe, but it is difficult to judge how much steam is coming out just by
> appearance.

But all the other evidence point out that in Krivit's test was
producing 900W ± 200W total heat. Unlike what Krivit is arguing that
we cannot know the total output within one order of magnitude, I would
say that Krivit is just wrong with that and my estimation for  ±200W
margin of error is reasonable. It is certainly not  ±450W.

The water inflow rate was measured to be 1-4 kg/h because the rate of
the pump was lower than in Lewan's experiment. Also although the
reduced inflow rate, steam pressure was significantly lower than in
Lewan's test, therefore we can say that there was probably less than 1
kW for total heat. And amount of steam just confirms the result,
although it is not the calculated fact.

There is no point of being blind but accept the facts. I am sure that
Rossi has really good reason for the non active E-Cat. My recent guess
is that he was already building and testing the September E-Cat,
therefore he did not bother to present real demonstration with old
model.

>> The second temperature measurement was all over the place, due to the
>> inadequate stirring method.  The reading varied from 29.9°C to 31.1°C.
>
> Yup, stirring is the problem. You need to stir vigorously with a stick or
> something like a Dremel tool with a paint mixer attached. (Like a giant
> eggbeater.)

That is untrue, it is not a problem. It really does not need much
efforts to stir 10 kg water, but of course we can over do it. Even if
this is a problem, steam sparge test can also be done with 2 kg cool
water that is easier to stir. Even better if they have freezer
available, then sparging test can be done with 1-2 kg -18°C ice. There
is just no practical limit how much datapoint accuracy we can get for
steam sparging test if we consider all the necessary variables. Of
course if we fail with stirring and do careless measurements, then
things are different. But these are not the methodological problems
but are more like a user depended problems.

   –Jouni