2011/9/27 OrionWorks - Steven Vincent Johnson <orionwo...@charter.net>:
> Harry sez:
>
>> > Robots will never earn any income.
>>
>> Are you sure a robot could never be designed and programmed to earn an
>> income?
>
> Not if we eventually create sentience as sophisticated as someone like Data,
> from Star Trek TNG. ;-)

Commander Data does not earn incomes, because money is irrelevant in
24th century.

> But in the meantime we aren't anywhere near that level sophisticated with
> our current level of technology. That's the whole point robots are being
> created - to create a new sub-class of slaves that don't have the right to
> an income.

We should aim for abolishing the need for earning income even for
humans. We do not need it because already everything what we need is
virtually free. And with E-Cat we really does not need to earn any
monetary incomes, because with basic income we can compensate all
material needs that we have, then with rest of our time we can do what
ever we want.

Apparently many will aim for riches and financial career, but also as
many will devote their life for philosophy, science and space
exploration.

We live in new world where we have exceeded material needs, and we
cannot no longer think with old world terms. Next generation market
economy may sound like contradictory, because how there can be market
economy without earned incomes? But it is not, because if you think
it, that robots does the productive work and humans will consume the
wealth. Human labor force just belongs to 20th century. It has no
business in 21st century.

Also, we do not need to worry about the rights of robots, but we have
more burning moral issues that there are countless less smart and
uneducated people in part time slavery doing McJobs providing services
for wealthy and educated people, so just that they could earn basic
level income for minimal health care, food, rental apartment and
clothing.

    –Jouni