On Oct 3, 2011, at 4:04 AM, Terry Blanton wrote:

I know Horace posted this just for the delightful prose; but, we must also be fair to the movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1612774/

So, here is a review from someone who enjoyed it:

[snip unexciting though probably more accurate review]
<end review>
A pox on you Horace as I have now added this movie to my Netflix queue and will probably watch it. But, then again, I did watch "Bubba Ho-tep".

T


I actually watched Rubber after reading the review. Who could resist? I didn't dislike it so I rated it three stars. I watch a lot of independent films. This was not one of the best I've seen, but I certainly watched it to the end. I thought reading the funny review was much more enjoyable.

I have often thought I would like to write some fiction, but I just don't have any talent for it. I would never have been able to write something so creative and funny as that review. It seems like it would be a lot easier to write without a calculator in hand, but it is not easier for me. I've been working over 15 years here now trying to improve my expository prose, with limited success. I admire people like Jed who are so good at clearly, accurately, and fully saying what they have to say, and usually without a tone that puts a person to sleep.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/




Reply via email to