Jed,

I didn't mean to be pedantic in that statement on the secondary cooling water.
It's just important to look at TOTAL energy in and out.  This means looking at
the power to "warm it up" before operation starts, too.  If we don't consider
the amount of energy used to "get it up to operating temperature", then a
fundamental imbalance can occur.

Not to over-simplify, but consider this example:

I take an old blacksmith's anvil.  I warm it in a kiln over two day to roughly
orange-hot (it is going to hold this heat for a LONG time, especially if
well-insulated).
Now, I tell you to disregard all of the energy expended in getting it up to
operating temperature.
We hook up a nine-volt battery to the top and bottom of the anvil.  For the
next two hours, be fry two dozen eggs on the top of the anvil.  Calculations
begin, and we conclude that a 9V battery cannot possibly have enough chemical
energy to fry two dozen eggs over a mass of steel that large for two whole
hours.
The energy expended in getting the anvil up to "operating temperature" would
more than balance this equation, and is necessary beyond a doubt.  Think of it
as potential energy, just like a coiled spring or a raised weight.

I'm just worried that the calculations will rely on "heat after death".  The
last time Rossi showed "heat after death", there were serious questions on
whether it was just cooling at the same rate required to warm it.  A constant
input power would be more conclusive, IMHO, unless we see a "heat after death"
scenario that doesn't:
a) include constant reapplications of power
b) ignore the stored (potential) heat energy

Again, FWIW, I really hope that this is a conclusive test.  There are very
reputable sources that claim observance of anomolous heat, and I am inclined to
believe that LENR is making large strides behind-the-scenes.  I'm just making a
prediction on Rossi's upcoming demonstration for prediction's sake. I predict
that the gains will still be questionable, and that the "heat after death"
scenario is only going to serve to muddy the water.

Skeptical not Pseudo-Skeptical,

R.L.