Focus Italia has now english translation in their video, so it is rewarding to watch it again.
<http://www.focus.it/scienza/e-cat-l-energy-catalizer-di-andrea-rossi-il-video-del-test-del-6-ottobre-2011-975_C7.aspx>
The interviews are interesting.
Lewan thinks the reaction is triggered, when the temperature reaches 60 degree.
Also Kullander and Essen observed this.

What I still dont understand: If the outer surface reaches 66° then everything inside must be hotter than 60 degrees. Why is electric heating still needed? Ok, there is cold water flowing in. They could run this through an internal heat exchanger and avoid electric preheating.