Robert Leguillon <robert.leguil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> You have grown tiresome.
> Leaving an anvil in a forge overnight was merely to overstate that it was
> at full equilibrium.

You said two days, not overnight. Quote: "I warm it in a kiln over two
day to roughly orange-hot (it is going to hold this heat for a LONG time,
especially if well-insulated)."

Also, the degree of insulation has no bearing on how long you leave it in
the kiln.

> Have you ever cooked a turkey?

Iron conducts heat much better than flesh and bones, and it has much lower
specific heat, so it reaches equilibrium faster.

> Despite what you may think, the core of an object does not immediately
> reach the same temperaure as applied to its surface.

I never said that. This a strawman argument. You have made several strawman
arguments. It is not good form.

I have personally repaired an anvil, and you heat it slowly to avoid
> destroying its hardened characteristics - and you cool it overnight packed
> in vermiculite to allow slow cooling.

That has no bearing at all on your original statement.

> Obviously, you prefer to go after an individual.

That does not seem obvious to me. I "go after" people who make major errors
and who confuse the issue. You, in this case. I did not "gone after" you in
the past when we all agreed you were correct, did I? I think you should stop
taking this personally and explain more clearly what you have in mind by
this statement --

Then you oversimplify arguments with an 8 gallon pot.

As far as I know, there is nothing oversimplified about my example. We are
talking about 8 gallons of water in an insulated metal container. If you
think this is an oversimplification or an invalid simulation, then -- as I
said -- please explain what you mean.

I cannot comprehend if you're being facetious, or truly do not understand
> what we are referring to by stored heat in the core.

I am not being facetious. You are the one who made a profound error about
stored heat. I think you should admit that, and I sincerely wish that you
would experiment with a large amount of water in an insulated metal vessel.
I think you do not understand that system.

If you see nothing anomalous in the behavior of Rossi's Oct. 6 reactor, then
it is certain you do not understand it, and you do not understand some very
basic physics.