On Oct 27, 2011, at 4:49 AM, Roarty, Francis X wrote:

On Thurs Oct 27, 2011 Horace said [snip] It does not seem credible the energy from a Ni-H reaction, at least in the form of one gamma per reaction, provides any explanation for 1 MW of heat, if that thermal power is in fact achieved.[/snip]

Horace,
Assuming the thermal power is in fact achieved, and the reaction is not Ni-H, what do you feel is the next most credible theory ?
Fran

A Ni-H or even p-e-p nuclear interaction catalyzed by a Ni nucleus is not ruled out given there is a mechanism to disperse the nuclear energy in small increments and avoid radioactive products.

I think the reaction begins with a Ni electron being momentarily delayed in the Ni nucleus in a deflated state interaction with a proton or quark, as defined here:

http://www.mta online.net/~hheffner/FusionUpQuark.pdf
http://mtaonline.net/~hheffner/DeflateP1.pdf

This provides the Ni nucleus with a very large magnetic moment, and magnetic gradient, which permits it to be the target of tunneling of deflated state hydrogen from the lattice. This results in multiple hydrogen nuclei present in the Ni nucleus, and a highly de-energized Ni-H deflated nucleus cluster, with multiple trapped electrons which then radiate energy or transfer it directly to k-shell electrons via near field interactions. Various apparently non-radioactive products are thereby made feasible. Non-radioactive products are the branches nature prefers because they are the least energy products.

It is notable that no nuclear reaction may result from a given Ni-H deflated cluster, and yet nuclear heat, in the form of zero point energy, is released and then replenished by the zero point field after the cluster breaks up. See:

http://mta online.net/~hheffner/NuclearZPEtapping.pdf

Discussion of this could be very academic if there is in fact no excess heat from the Rossi experiments. I am hoping to write a FAQ on deflation fusion, but have not had the time.

I will be happy to discuss this at a later time.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mta online.net/~hheffner/