It seems you are conflating two processes when only one will suffice. And one
of them is absurd from the start.

Why pump the liquid at all? Why use a magnetic field with pumping, when a
simpler route exists? Calutrons were a gigantic waste of money in the Manhattan
project and were only used for a few years as an expedient.

Centrifugal acceleration (even the common lab centrifuge) should give similar
or better results, if what you want is enrichment by density gradient in a NiCl
solution.

In fact the chloride is ready-made for this since by varying the water content
and temperature (solubility) - the heavier fraction can be solidified by
chilling - while the light fraction remains a liquid and is more easily removed
at the early stages (to automate the process).

If you are going for enriching an isotope that is 10% denser, it will take at
least seven stages for every doubling (not counting losses). This is the "rule
of seventy" (similar to formula used in compound interest). Therefore, to
increase a 1% isotope to 16% might require a minimum of 28 stages of
progressive enrichment, but when losses are included, it is probably closer to
50 stages. Automation makes a big difference with this many stages.

For the NiCl solution (hexa-hydrate) the solubility is 254 g/100 mL at 20 °C -
and 600 g/100 mL at 100 °C. That difference could help a lot in automating the
processing, so that even 50 stages in a continuous centrifuging would not be a
insurmountable problem to get 64Ni enriched to a level in the mid-teens at an
affordable cost.

At least this is doable, but - as for final cost - that is another question
based on many issues. But if the enrichment percentage can be kept to a low
level, it need not be too expensive for the numbers Rossi is throwing around.

This is because with NiCl - the rejected isotopes are of the same value as the
feedstock, and this makes the processing simply a matter of overhead,
efficiency and labor. The bulk nickel is no less useful in industry - with the
64Ni removed as with it there. In effect, you only "rent" the feedstock,
removing very little.

That is a huge difference compared to what we look to as the "model" for
isotope enrichment. With uranium enrichment - in contrast, the feedstock cost
must be 100% absorbed in the cost of the enrichment (since the depleted U has
almost no value) so that factor alone grossly inflates the net cost by several
orders of magnitude (compared to nickel).

Enrichment cost alone, for even the heavy metals - is not outrageous so long as
there is a large market for the depleted feedstock. That is key.

There seldom is a market, but since nickel has that as its major feature, then
an enriched isotope on a mass production scale, for a NiH energy system, is not
out of the question.