On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  jmp jmp <crossection...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>  First, the part about "forget Rossi": I think Rossi has been an enormous
>> time/talent sink with no benefit to the LENR field.  Arguably, he's set the
>> field back quite a lot.
>>

>  That is preposterous. He has made more progress toward practical,
> commercial technology that all of the other researchers combined.
>
>  At present, there is nothing else to talk about in cold fusion, and no
> other approach worth pursuing. it would be a waste of time to continue
> working on bulk palladium and other approaches. Perhaps we should return to
> them in the future to learn more about the physics of cold fusion, but
> there is no question that the only practical way to make technology is with
> nickel nanoparticle powder.
>
>  Rossi is an annoying person who can be difficult to work with, but he
> has undeniably made a tremendous contribution to this field. The fact that
> he is annoying has no bearing at all on his contribution.
>

>> Look back at the posts here at Vortex and consider how much time and
>> effort has been spent by a bunch of smart people in trying to figure out
>> what Rossi has or doesn't have.   Wet steam, dry steam. What about that
>> thermocouple/pump/contract with U of B/whatever?
>

>  This is all skeptical bullshit. None of these issues are real. The steam
> could be completely wet and the results would be irrefutable. In any case,
> as far as I know, all real experts in the real world say it is dry.
>

>  I believe it's been wasted effort. Rossi provides very little
>> information that can be independently confirmed.
>

>  All of his claims had been independently confirmed. Everything he has
> done has already been done by others, albeit at lower power levels with
> less spectacular success.
>

>> I don't know what Rossi has. Given the dearth of confirmable information
>> he's provided, I *can't* know what he has.
>

>  Yes, you can. If you understand basic physics and thermodynamics you can
> be certain that his results are real. I do not know a professional single
> scientist who doubts this.
>
>  All of the doubts are from the peanut gallery on the Internet,
> especially people such as Mary Yugo. She says she knows nothing about cold
> fusion, so obviously she cannot judge. Asking her to evaluate this would be
> like asking me to review a performance of the Metropolitan Opera. I do not
> know the first thing about music and I have never listened to the
> Metropolitan Opera. So I am not qualified to critique them. I doubt anyone
> would argue with that. I cannot imagine why anyone takes Yugo or Park
> seriously, when they brag they have not even bothered to read the
> fundamentals, and they make many silly factual mistakes.
>
>  - Jed
>
>   Jed,

Re opera you can consult me anytime, is my hobby. Italian, French, German,
Russian, Hungarian, Czech etc. operas. if you wish to listen to a good
selection of opera arias, you can find them there:
http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com/2011/03/explaining-opera-music-of-all-noises.html
Metopera has a wonderfully well organized website and database.

Re Mary Yugo, I am reading only what she tells about Rossi and the E-cat,
not LENR or CF.
Peter

--
Dr. Peter Gluck