A lot of the keyboard banging could be avoided if folks would simply
preface their comments with 3 attributes:

Business vs Science viewpoint
Circumstantial vs Direct evidence
Guilt vs Innocence presumption

For instance, if someone has $2M in their retirement account and they're
thinking about whether they want to send Rossi a check for $2M or not, it
is quite reasonable for them write under the attributes:

Business, Circumstantial, Guilt

They aren't interested in the exploratory nature of science.  They are
interested in circumstantial evidence.  They must presume guilt on the part
of the part of the offer.

This particular triplet of attributes best characterizes the true, if
extreme, skeptic, when actually making a business decision.  The
pseudo-skeptic (understand that this applies to "true believers" posing as
genuine skeptics as well as "true disbelievers" posing as genuine skeptics
-- understanding, further that "believers" are merely disbelievers in the
negation) is characterized as someone who imposes inappropriate attributes
on a conversation to further their particular true (dis)belief.

Let me use myself (as someone who is in a very different situation from the
person who is thinking of betting their entire personal retirement account
by sending Rossi a check for $2M without so much as accepting Rossi's
invitation to do a customer-controlled pre-sale test):

I'm advising a national policy planner in a matter involving greenhouse gas
emission and the coal industry.  The first decision I must make is whether
to put any effort into investigating Rossi's claim at all.  That choice of
putting my personal effort as a research analyst into an area is profoundly
different from Obama signing into law a trillion dollar jobs program based
on buying Rossi's devices.  I am so far from the latter that many if not
most arguments that would arise in that context don't concern me in the
slightest.

My context is:

Science, Direct, Innocence

By Science I mean, of course, that experiment trumps theory, every time, no
exceptions, period -- but I am NOT justified in statements like "I'll
believe it when its a commercial product a few years hence, even if
erroneous planning on my part contributes to the misallocation of a
trillion dollars of public money".  The only thing that can invalidate an
experiment is another experiment replicating the first experiment but
controlling for the critical variable(s).  This is so elementary that the
fact that 90% of the physics establishment finds it even a point of
contention means we have to virtually ignore the rest of what they say.
This profound betrayal of enlightenment values by the physics establishment
is unspeakably tragic and a state of denial over this traumatic condition
is probably behind the behavior of so many pseudoskeptics.  Their perpetual
imputation of mental illness to what they call "true believers" (in fact,
merely those who do not adhere to theory over experiment) is what Freudians
called "projection" and it is, indeed, symptomatic of mental illness
arising from trauma.

By Direct I mean, of course, what a court of law means when they prefer
direct evidence over circumstantial evidence.  Its not that circumstantial
evidence is invalid in all circumstances, its just that it is trumped by
direct evidence only to a lesser degree than does experiment trump theory.

The presumption of innocence usually goes hand-in-hand with science.  The
only time science is compatible with a presumption of guilt is in the case
where there has been scientific fraud shown.  Note that scientific fraud is
different from scientific error and this distinction is widely recognized
in academia.

Now, having said all that, let me point out one other thing about Direct vs
Circumstantial that seems to come up time and time again with regards to
"cold fusion":

The pseudoskeptics continually assert that their criticism of those who are
investigating Rossi's claims has nothing to do with whether Pons and
Fleischmann had any validity to their claims.  This rhetorical maneuver
denies the obvious Bayesian law of prior probability distribution:  If
P&F's cold fusion claim was not valid then any subsequent claims of
advances on P&F's cold fusion claim are likewise invalidated.

I don't know whether it is possible to ban people from Vortex-L, but that
one claim, alone, should be sufficient if even one keyboard is destroyed
arguing with such a person.