On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>wrote:
.

> How much is an unknown amount?

Please don't play ignorant.  Or don't you know the source of this was an
Ampenergo executive in an interview with NyTeknik and he said:

*"How much do you pay for the agreement?*

Cassarino: Unfortunately that’s confidential.

*Have you paid anything to Rossi yet?*

Cassarino: Yes we have.

*How much?*

Cassarino: Let’s put it like this, it was an important piece of the
equation."

http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_miljo/energi/article3179019.ece<%20%20%20http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_miljo/energi/article3179019.ece>

I've probably posted this five times by now in various places.  You never
saw it?  And now, if I read it right, Defkalion claims they paid Rossi a
first installment of $15 million though the translation is far from clear.
It's in another string on Vortex.

4. Rossi asked an engineer at NASA on July 22, 2011, for $15 million to
>> “test” his device. NASA did not pay Rossi anything.
>>
> The $15 million was for an escrow subject to final approval by the
> customer after testing, so there is no danger Rossi could steal it.
>
> This is mostly nonsense mixed in with a few facts and Krivit's own
> opinions. I will not bother to go over the details.

It's not nonsense.  It's that Rossi was offered tests by Quantum and NASA
and could not come up with a single working device.

> I do not know much about this stuff, since I have no interest in Rossi's
> business. I do not go around asking nosy questions. Frankly, I don't give a
> damn if Rossi is a scammer or not.

Evidently.

> I doubt he is scamming with a real cold fusion reactor but people do odd
> things. You never know.

I doubt it too.  If he's scamming it will be with a phony cold fusion
reactor and phony measurement methods.  It's still "if".  We'll probably
know more eventually.

> As far as I know, his previous criminal career consisted of defrauding the
> stockholders in a company in which he himself was the only
> stockholder. Apparently that is a crime in Italy. Sort of like the
> politically incorrect scene in "Blazing Saddles" in which Bart points a
> pistol at his own head and kidnaps himself.

You keep saying that but I never saw any evidence for it.  Also, it's not
terribly important.  Rossi's stark failure to deliver working
thermoelectric modules to DOD is even more impressive.