On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Does Jed know anyone who privately tested the E-cat correctly and came
>> away with positive results?
>

> Yes, I do. Several people.

Can you name one we can check with?  And if not, why has nobody spoken out
and written about the greatest invention of the century?

> But for some reason, Rossi's machine wouldn't start when either of those
>> parties were there.  Strange, no?
>>

> No, that is not strange. No even one tiny bit strange. I myself have set
> up demonstrations of prototype products that worked splendidly for weeks,
> and then failed when customers walked through the door.

Ah yes.  But you conveniently forget that Rossi wrote repeatedly in his
blog that he had tested HUNDREDS of E-cats for long periods of time and
that some were ALWAYS under long term test in his lab/factory.  He was at
that time preparing for the October 6 and October 28 tests.  You expect us
to believe he could not find ONE working machine to show to a potentially
giant world-wide customer and to *** NASA ***?

> That happens all the time to anyone who makes new things for a living. It
> is called Murphy's law. People such as Yugo who doubt this have no idea
> what R&D is like.

This is an examination of claims and facts.  It has nothing to do with what
R&D is generally like.

> If Rossi's prototypes worked exactly right during a demonstration, I would
> suspect they are fake. Perhaps he is a master con-man who
> adds verisimilitude to his claims by having NASA people come for days while
> his machines spurt hot water through leaks and screw up in various ways.
> There has to an easier way to establish credibility.

It defies the imagination to speculate that Rossi invited NASA and Quantum
to see an E-cat and that, in the process of preparing and testing to show
100 of them, he could not locate a single one that worked.