The recent discussion about water drops in steam has me thinking about
how cold fusion might come about.

Consider that the process of condensation releases heat.
Cold fusion might be like a process of condensation where a small drop
and large drop fuse to form a larger drop. ( H nucleus + Ni nucleus)
However if the drops vibrate at a high frequency condensation might be
difficult to achieve at low temperatures. In other words under
"normal" circumstances the drops appear hard  to each other and
effectively repel each other.

One way to overcome the "hardness"  is to slam the drops together  at
high velocity (which is the stragtegy of hot fusionists) Another way
would be to alter the drop's harmonics to facilitate fusion at lower
temperatures. The second method implies some sort of prelimary cooling
of the drop to lower its harmonics.

Harry