On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The Patent Office did, in fact, suppress cold fusion applications in 1989.
> They still do. This is not debatable. All applications are summarily
> rejected with a form letter that cites mass media reports from 1989 as
> proof the effect does not exist. Whether this is done by a nefarious plot
> or whether this open policy within the Patent Office I cannot say. I don't
> see why it matters.

It is not in the interest of the US Patent Office or the US government to
suppress cold fusion devices -- to the contrary, discovery of a robust
energy generator that worked with cold fusion would be spectacular for the
economy of the US and would reduce or eliminate dependence on foreign oil,
one of the Obama administration's most pressing issues.

I'd like to see that form letter they send out.  Anyone have a copy or a
link?