On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, you see, the problem is that there are many possible errors in their
>> determinations and they did not do what was need to rule them out.
>>

> No, there are not. This is your imagination.

Take away the heat of vaporization, and there is no way the remaining heat
could rule out non-nuclear origins.

> If they had said "there is no heat" you would insist this was a
> bullet-proof test.

Not a chance. Nothing Rossi has done is bullet proof, and none of it proves
heat from nuclear sources.

> After Fleischmann and Pons released their videos of a boil off, many
> skeptics went on for years claiming the tests were questionable. That was
> incorrect. Those were first-principle, visual proof that the effect
> produces massive anomalous heat. There is no way it could be wrong.

Of course it could be wrong, and probably was. It's not hard to make a
video of boiling water. If they were right, set it up again with proper
controls. Instead, Pons has gone into hiding.

It is true that the tests witnessed by E&K were somewhat sloppy. They could
> have used better instrumentation. However, E&K are good scientists and they
> understand that no experiment is perfect and that these instruments are
> good enough to establish an irrefutable claim.

They may be good scientists in some capacity, but they did not demonstrate
it when they used visual inspection and a relative humidity probe to
determine that the steam was dry.

They were uncommonly *bad* scientists when they simply accepted that the
power transfer from that ecat to the water could increase by a factor of 7
in about 3 minutes, when it took 20 minutes to reach boiling.

Credentials mean nothing when they make obvious, mind-numbingly stupid
mistakes.

And although Kullander was cautious in his latest talk, he still doesn't
seem to realize that it is not plausible for a fixed mass flow rate to
change discontinuously from 100% liquid to 100% dry steam.

>  Whether this was out of politeness, a desire to have Rossi call them
>> again, or a lack of diligence and determination, I don't know.
>>

> I am sure it is for the reasons they stated: the test is irrefutable.

Actually he said more measurements are needed.

> You may disagree with that, but please do not assume that E&K are lying,
> or they secretly agree with you, or they lack determination, or they are
> timid and afraid to ask Rossi to do something.

More likely, they are just wrong.

>   It doesn't matter how qualified they are.  They tested the E-cat
>> incorrectly-- each and every public time.
>>

> So you say, but every expert I have heard from disagrees.

Because you put your fingers in your ears when experts disagree. Read the
experts Krivit consulted.