Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 18:02:55 -0500
Subject: Re: [Vo]:a long paper about and mainly against the E-cat
From: jedrothw...@gmail.com
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com

Robert Leguillon <robert.leguil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

This appears to be the Houkes data that you're referring to:

http://lenr-canr.org/RossiData/Houkes%20Oct%206%20Calculation%20of%20influence%20of%20Tin%20on%20Tout.xlsx

I cannot open this file.  I get a zip with dissociated .xml's.

I know that I'd quickly discounted it in the past . . .
That is in Microsoft Excel format. I will try converting it to Acrobat.

But, I must say that your allusion to
"the fact that two calorimetric methods were in reasonable agreement"
is just hogwash.  The secondary calorimetric observations cited previously were
entirely contingent upon the acceptance of the first.  This is a circular
argument.

I do not see what you mean. Method 1 is the flow rate and temperature
difference in the cooling loop. Method 2 is the flow rate of the fluid coming
from the reactor, with the assumption that the fluid was all vaporized, which
is reasonable given the temperature. I do not see how one can be dependent or
contingent on the other. Method 1 would work just as well even if the fluid
coming from the reactor was not vaporized, or not close to boiling.