Mary:

Regarding why I don't mind the comments from people proposing possible ways
it IS happening.

Most of those postings are providing some models, some calculations.
something of substance which, although however speculative, at least that
speculation is backed by some numbers.  Would you care to count the number
of times you have included any calculations in your posts, versus say,
AlanF, or RobertL, or Horace, or even Cude?  Not to mention that those
supportive posts are spread out over at least 8 to 12 people. so yes, there
might be close to the number of speculative positive posts as your redundant
this-is-very-likely-a-scam posts, but at least there is something to learn
from what analyses have been done in those posts compared to yours, which as
far as I can see, contain nothing of value that I didn't know after the very
first demo or two.

Here are a few numbers to go along with this analysis:

Below is a sampling of the more 'talkative' Vorts.

The date on the right is the date of first posting.

( I changed to Win-7 on 8/13, so my vortex history only goes back that far,
but its more than sufficient to make my point)

Akira                     156        since 8/14

AlanF                    358        8/13

AussieGuy            282        11/7

Dave Roberson  258        10/17

Horace                 458        8/14

Josh Cude            248        11/14

JonesBeene          75         8/15

Jed                        1142      8/14

Iverson                 142        8/19

Mary Yugo          531        11/10

FranR                    74           8/17

RobL                     143        8/31

Now, just sorting by number of posts, Jed comes in way at the TOP!!  (He
needs to get laid more often) J

MaryYugo comes is second with 531.

Jed has done more to be a cheerleader for the LENR community than any other
member on this forum, and probably anywhere.  He has devoted innumerable
hours and significant expense to maintain and keep current the lenr-canr.org
website as the repository for LENR materials for anyone wanting to learn
more and do their own thinking.  He has contributed much of value to the
discussions and in keeping us up-to-date on happenings.

Now let's look at the number of postings/month.

Mary posted all 531 messages in only 1 (one) month, whereas Jed's 1142 were
posted over 4 months. So Mary has DOUBLE the posting rate of Jed/month.
What can we conclude from that?  Besides the fact that Mary needs to get
laid twice as much as Jed J, when one looks at the USEFUL new information,
or the quantitative analyses, or NONREPETITIVE nature of the content of the
person's posts, I think it's obvious who is wasting more bandwidth, and our
time.

Re: my not objecting "when people endlessly project about what they will do
with an E-cat when they get it"

There are VERY few of those, and if you are specifically referring to our
'poster from down under', AussieGuy, with about half the posting rate as
you, HE IS THE ONLY ONE ON THE ENTIRE LIST THAT HAS ACTUALLY MADE
ARRANGEMENTS TO BUY ONE, AND HAS AGREED TO PROPERLY TEST AND REPORT HIS
FINDINGS!  Even with all your redundant postings, I would not be singling
you out if you were putting together a group to buy and test an E-Cat; or
taking time and money to have traveled to Italy to see first-hand.  I would
be applauding you..

RE: my not objecting ".when they theorize at length *how* it works when
nobody can be sure *that* it works."

My first response to this point was handled in a previous posting about an
hour ago, but let me summarize:

1)      Vortex-l was founded TO DISCUSS UNCONVENTIONAL PHYSICS; LENR, and
more specifically the e-Cat, falls into that category. If you want to
discuss conventional physics, then what the hell are you doing here?

2)      The vast majority of posts that are analyzing how it works, are
people who have taken time to do modeling or spreadsheets with what data we
do have, and by taking people's eyewitness reports as accurate, trying to
provide some level of confidence that we can apply to the claims.  That IS
useful because we all learn from it; we learn about FEM, about heat
transport in metals and the importance of thermocouple placement.

3)      Tell me Mary, what useful technical knowledge have we gained from
ANY of your 531 posts in the last month???  Nothing that comes to mind;
nothing I didn't already know way back in January after the first Rossi
demo.

"Jed's well intentioned experiments won't help either unless he gets himself
a heat exchanger or properly simulates it with a nice heavy steam-heated
copper block on which to move his thermocouples around."

At least he got off his ass and took time to learn something, and share that
knowledge. YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT BITCH, WHINE AND MOAN about the same
few things.

Despite that, if you come across any NEW info on Rossi/DGT/LENR, positive or
negative, then by all means make a post and provide a reference or link so
we can do our own reading and come to our own conclusions, or adjust our
'truth meter' if warranted.  But please stop stating that the demos were
poorly done (we know), Rossi's behavior is suspect (we know), some of his
statements are contradictory (we know).. Yada, yada, yada.

-Mark