On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:30 PM, David Roberson wrote:

A question that seems to need answering is: Why is the black electrical tape wound around the manifold at the location where the thermocouple would possibly hit if pushed downward by the insulation? Is there some purpose for tape in this particular location?http://lenr.qumbu.com/lenr_spicepics/111010_1C_crop.png

It sure looks like an attempt to keep the TC from contacting the metal of the manifold.

Dave