On Dec 9, 2011, at 11:04 PM, Peter Heckert wrote:

Am 09.12.2011 22:11, schrieb Horace Heffner:

Photos are from Alan Fletcher's site, the page with the nifty FEA simulations:

http://lenr.qumbu.com/rossi_ecat_oct11_spice.php

If air bubbles are collected at the blue side, this would produce rather large errors in thermal coupling:
http://lenr.qumbu.com/lenr_spicepics/bh_111109_manifold_001.jpg

This is a very good point. If the cross section is correct, there is a pocket that can collect air bubbles. The heat exchanger was probably filled with air at startup, and the orientation shown in the cross section is correct I think. An air pocket should collect there at startup.

I believe, there are so many possibilities for more or less important errors with this arrangement, that even a precise simulation or calculation cannot give a conclusive result. Only improvement of the experiment and repetition can clear this situation.

Peter

Yes, if it can ever be clear.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner