I wish someone had taken the considerable trouble to duplicate Rossi's
small E-cat and "Ottoman" (Oct 6) experiments.  By this, I mean to make
devices as similar as possible as Rossi's and to show that the experimental
results K&E and Lewan got could be obtained by mismeasurement rather than
LENR heat production.

There is a nice precedent in the case of Steorn.   Steorn claimed to have a
magnetic pulse motor that was "overunity" and they produced a misleading
test video with a particular device -- actually several.  A forum
participant, pseudonym Alsetalokin ( an anagram of Nikola Tesla ) made a
similar device and tested it to show that it did everything Steorn's was
claimed to do (actually more so) and yet was not overunity when properly
tested and when it's performance was correctly measured.

I would love to do the same for Rossi's device but I don't currently have
access to a machining shop nor do I have the time and all the requisite
skills.  It could be contracted out but it's more trouble than I am willing
to go to.

Maybe some of the nice folks who are trying to duplicate the E-cat and make
their own could try this idea -- make one as close to Rossi's design as
possible, use the electrical heaters as the only power source, and see if
you can recreate the postulated errors in heat of vaporization enthalpy
measurement that Rossi has been accused of committing    If that worked,
the next step would be to show how the correct result can be obtained,
perhaps with a properly constructed and installed heat exchanger with good
T out measurement in the coolant stream, with an all liquid coolant
circuit, or with sparging of the steam.  You'd think both skeptics and
believers would like to see such experiments done but so far, it seems,
nobody has talked about that method -- or I missed that conversation.

The computer modelling is fine as far as it goes, but it doesn't seem to
resolve the many issues that would be taken care of by a good physical
simulation of Rossi's actual devices but without LENR heat sources inside.