Blind tests are not done just in the social sciences.

I work in the field of gravitational waves that coincidentally is another
somehow controversial field. Just because it is controversial, just because
it has a history of past false claims the almost 700 scientists, working in
the scientific collaboration I belong to ( the LIGO Scientific
Collaboration, LSC), have established very high standards for any eventual
public declaration of detection of gravitational waves.

One of the things we do routinely to test if our search algorithms are
working properly and what would be required in terms of consensus to decide
we have detected something is for some higher up in the LSC to inject
blindly (having the computer randomize time and parameters of the
injection) artificial signals in the LIGO detector and let the other
scientists "discover" the signal. Only after long debates on the
probability and plausibility of the signal are done at the collaboration
level for several days it is revealed if the signal was an artificial
injection or a real detection.
We have done this exercise many times and so far nothing real has been
detected but all the injections have been accounted for.

Blind experiments could be easily set up for the Rossi's e-cat.
In fact, Rossi's himself could set up such an experiment. For example, he
could reveal that one e-cat has the secret sauce and another has not (the
two would have to be exact copies of course). A mark could be made on the
sauced up apparatus. Then the mark is covered with tape and the other e-cat
would also have a similar tape in the same spot. Then the e-cat are moved
around while Rossi is not watching. Then Rossi could perform his experiment
and we would see what happens.

Or maybe the sauce is put in a fuel box that is randomly inserted inside
one of several e-cat. Or one can randomize several other inputs like the
electrical or the hydrogen supply and so on.

All kind of tests can be imagined of course. But Rossi doesn't want to do
any more demonstrations as we know.

Blind experiments are fundamental in science.

Jed, is there even one LENR experiment that can be reproduced every single
time when a switch is turned on (besides Rossi's I mean) ?
Just one, please.

Giovanni