Continuing the discussion of the mathematical modeling proposed for the
October 6 experiment, my informant, who still prefers to remain anonymous,
remarked that the examples suggested by Jed and others (nails, anvils and
the like) are not comparable to the October 6 experiment which involved a
much larger and substantially more massive E-cat than before.  The
informant now provided computations of the power and energy vs time curves
for the model, assuming only electrical (Joule) heating (no LENR reaction)
as you can see here:   http://i.imgur.com/SWbvW.jpg

Once again, the original diagram of the model and temperature vs time
curves are here:  http://i.imgur.com/XAdrr.jpg

My contact says:

"*Of course the model is an approximation of reality and many details of
the ecat are unknown, for instance I assumed there were lower fins (I saw
it here http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg52853.html ) but
I am not sure it was right.

Anyway, the model shows that a few dozen kilograms of iron, well placed
around the electric heater, (no hidden source is needed) would be able to
keep the water boiling for nearly 4 hours.

See the temperature vs time curves for points R, A, and B.   They remain
above the boiling point well after the "reactor" shutdown.  This confirms
that Lewan was right when he reported feeling the boiling after the
shutdown.

Lewan also said that he measured an external temperature ranging from 65 to
80°C.  This is compatible with the model's temperature/time curve for point
"C" (T sub C on the plot).    But the best confirmation of the validity of
the model is the trend of the temperatures after the shutdown -- the curve
from the model for point T2  follows the measured plot from the experiment
reasonably closely.*

*I think that Lewan is honest about what he personally sees and measures
but he may be wrong some of the time when he bases his conclusions on data
reported by others."
*

Once again: this is *not* my work.  I am simply passing it on.  If you have
any questions, I'll be happy to forward them to my source person and relay
the answers back.