It doesn't seem like fusion, specifically, would necessarily be involved in
the transmutation of elements seen in the LENR experiments.  My
understanding is that the processes that have recently been proposed to be
at work are inverse beta decay (neutron capture), beta decay, alpha decay
and spontaneous fission.

I believe that gold was formed during r-process nucleosynthesis, a process
that involves neutron capture, vaguely similar to that described in
theories such as Widom and Larsen's.

All of that seems like a nice toolbox with which to make some interesting
isotopes, at least if you had ready access to a supernova.  But I am no
physicist.

Eric