Jed wrote: "...tell me the number right here..."

I AM SORRY BUT THAT NUMBER IIS CONFIDENTIAL. ALL THOSE SNAKES AND CLOWNS OUT
THERE. COMPETIITION YOU KNOW. BUT I CAN SHOW YOU THE PCM IN A LARGE HEAVY METAL
BOX ON A TABLE AND PUMP WATER THROUGH IT TO MAKE SOME STEAM IN A RUBBER HOSE
AND THEN WE CAN CALCULATE THE MEGAJOULES FROM THERE - AND THEN YOU WILL BELIEVE
ME. DEAL?

Sorry - couldn't resist.

Jed, we've been there before. 10,000 cm3 of iron at 1,500 C would easily hold
enough energy to heat over 100 liters of water to the boiling point and even
vaporize some of it. Some isolation and you've got yourself a monster e-cat. If
you prefer a simpler solution, some dry SiO2 would do it, too. Or maybe he used
a combination of the two or something completely different (though I guess it's
purely thermal storage and that's why he came up with the pre-heating procedure
of something probably already pre-heated when the demo starts) - but the point
is: it wouldn't even have to be exotic or especially clever.  Heck - it may
even be nothing like that and all he really does is hiding cables or faking
sensors or some such thing.
I know you believe such a simple setup is physically impossible - what I don't
get is why you believe at the same time that an Italian philosopher has done
what people like McKubre can't even dream of. Just going with probabilities
here - and I know what I find more likely.

And for the record - the PCMs we use are, afaik, nothing special. Last I heard
they're experimenting with a chemical company from France, trying to make salt
hydrates stable enough for a couple thousand cycles and -60 C. I have no idea
what the exact specifications are - probably something like 200j/g or so.
Despite that, you're welcome to visiting us of course - if and when you come to
Bavaria next time. The plant tour is well renowned for being interesting and
worthwhile.