On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>wrote:

> You, Mary Yugo and the other trolls should please go form your own
> discussion group.

I think one of the rules of the group is that it tolerates dissent and also
that insults are discouraged.

> This group is about science, not rumors and character assassination.

Yes but your method of supporting Rossi is hardly about proper science.
It's about wanting too badly to believe him.

> Rossi's flamboyant antics should not be the main focus here. Your
> speculation about these antics is far off topic.

No it's not.  If someone lies to you about just about everything that they
do and has a history of prior convictions for fraud and has two major
projects consecutively that were disastrous failures, there is no reason to
believe anything they say without proof.  The October 28 demo was entirely
without the slightest proof.  The prior demos all had significant
weaknesses.

> In any case, the notion that someone would try to judge this based on a
> phone call is ridiculous. With $200,000 involved, I was assuming this
> expert would go to Italy for a few weeks and do hands-on testing. There is
> no way anyone can make an evaluation based on a few phone calls.

But that's the thing.  Nobody has done independent hands on testing -- with
either Rossi *or* Defkalion.