At 05:24 PM 1/25/2012, Mark Iverson-ZeroPoint wrote:
I was under the impression that the physical shape of Rossi's core was
similar to what was used in DGT's Hyperion?  More of a low-height,
rectangular shape...

I was going partly by :

From: Robert Lynn <robert.gulliver.l...@gmail.com>

Convection and radiation will tend to equalise temperature inside the reactor cavity pretty quickly regardless of where the heat source is within the cavity. Page 4,5 of Dekaflion's Hyperion product details pdf from november shows a cross-section with a horizontal cylindrical geometry and lists 40mm diameter by 100mm long.

and by my memory of the "C prototype" in the Defkalion spec :

http://lenr.qumbu.com/111010_pics/120126_dgt_hyperion_001A.jpg

The central section is a cylinder, but the ends are pretty square. That would be a bit harder to wrap in my concentric cylinders.