At 06:01 PM 2/1/2012, David Roberson wrote:
They are expecting great things from fusion I see.  Wonder what happened to the positive outlook that they expressed earlier?

I think that the "positive outlook" is only two labs who seem to believe it, versus this report representing NASA as a whole.

I haven't read the whole thing (the blurry foo is too hard to tolerate for more than a couple of pages) but I got the impression that all projects were "voted on" to get the ranking.

We know that the  Langley work is done through some black "discretionary funds".   I just hope this doesn't end up with a SWAPAR-like ban on ANY work. (Any news from them, by the way?)