Beside sterling adventures, it seems to me it is unusual to announce such a
high (450-900) operating temp, isn't rossi actually trying to achieve a stable
reaction at such temps ?

About the SA device, it seems to be a follow up from the bob boyce hex
controller experiment afaik :

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Bob_Boyce_Hex_Controller

So can this be resumed as 3 coils on a torus with an 120° offset, the
controller sends out really short pulses, so when the magnetic field collapses,
back emf is collected and sent back to the battery.

So is the coil acting as an antenna ?

I mean these electrons have to come from somewhere ....this could be enough to
slowly charge a battery but i don't really see how you could extract 5kw out of
it.