The economy of scale says that one room sized CO2 supercritical electric
turbine is far more economical then 10 million sterling electric power
generators.

If you are a standalone survivalist, have the capital and the square
footage to install your own power system, then DGT may be the product for
you.

But in a high density urban environment, few will be able to fit their
stuff into their apartment or their condo let alone afford their own
electric utility package.

The ideal of self-sufficiency will not prevail against the reality of
crowded urban living.