From: Alan Fletcher [mailto:a...@well.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:31 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:South Africa Fuel-Free Generator Report : Theory?

component of some positive experiments.

Except for the fan, these are all resistive loads, and hard to fool. Note in
the report that for the larger units they had an industrial resistor bank at
hand as a load.

AND http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg63222.html

… but as we have mentioned here on vortex many times, if this battery shuttling
technique, using back EMF, does work – and there is no firm proof that it does
but lots of positive anecdotal evidence, then the reason it works is probably
related to some from of LENR in the battery itself !

IOW - the battery, which is an electrochemical cell, not unlike the ones used
in P&F and most of LENR, is the active source of power.

Lead-acid batteries seem to be particularly adaptable to the technique. NB:
the sum of the first three electrons in the valence shell of the atom of Pb,
has net ionization potential of 54.4 eV, which is the prime Rydberg value for
the T-effect (Thermacore effect) which is seen in experiments going back to
1990, first patented by Thermacore.

Jones
- - - - - - - - - -

Lets presume for the moment that the output is real.

The effect occurs only in lead-acid batteries, during the discharge phase, at a
time when the negative plate is mostly lead.

(During this phase the other battery is recharged -- their roles are switched
periodically)

Discharge <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead%E2%80%93acid_battery#Discharge>

Negative plate reaction: Pb(s) + HSO− 4(aq) → PbSO4(s) + H+(aq) + 2e− Positive
plate reaction: PbO2(s) + HSO− 4(aq) + 3H+(aq) + 2e− → PbSO4(s) + 2H2O(l)

So hydrogen is intimately involved with both plates. This may be analogous to
the classical LENR "loading" requirement.

Secondly, a high-frequency FUTZ is applied to the discharging battery. Again,
note the similarity to the various "triggers" required for LENR -- particularly
voltage pulses.

So at least TWO of the required LENR conditions are satisfied.

So ... what are the candidate metals?

a) Lead --  but I can't find any reports of Lead in LENR (except in the solder
on the terminals).

But if we look at : Plates
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead%E2%80%93acid_battery#Plates>
Practical cells are usually not made with pure lead but have small amounts of
antimony, tin, calcium or selenium alloyed in the plate material to add
strength and simplify manufacture.

b) Tin -- NOW we start to get some hits:
http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MenloveHOreproducib.pdf

REPRODUCIBLE NEUTRON EMISSION MEASUREMENTS FROM Ti METAL IN PRESSURIZED D2 GAS
H. O. Menlove, ... Los Alamos National Laboratory, Jones Brigham Young
University

During the past year, we have measured neutron emission from samples of
titanium (Ti) metal and sponge in pressurized D2 gas. .... By measuring
high-mass samples (300 g Ti) over several weeks, with many liquid nitrogen
temperature cycles, we have detected neutron emission above the background from
most of the samples with a significance level of 3 to 9 sigma

ALL of the active samples contain some Ti662 (Ti, 6% Al, 6%V, and 2% Sn)

Also see
Geo-fusion and Cold Nucleosynthesis
<www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/JonesSEgeofusiona.pdf>

NEW PHYSICAL EFFECTS IN METAL DEUTERIDES
<http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Hagelsteinnewphysica.pdf>

Tin has also been mentioned as a possible surface contaminant on Pd.

c) antimony calcium or selenium
(I haven't searched these yet)