Jones.

FYI: " And if we add another piece to the puzzle, remember that a curious character who writes about JONP (W. Guglinski), which according to some items found in a theoretical way the catalyst for Rossi, suggests that the excess heat of LENR (currently unexplained ) are to be connected to the "mysterious" solar particle (http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=516&cpage=8 # comment-109171) ... ma qui siamo ovviamente nel campo delle pure ipotesi. but here we are obviously in the field of pure hypothesis."

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=/language_tools&u=http://22passi.blogspot.com/2011/11/essere-favore-delle-cat-e-favore-della.html

Suggest you read Guglinski's book. Quantum Ring Tneory, 2006.

Warm Regards,

Reality

Jones Beene wrote:
Most readers on this list are more concerned with anomalous energy on earth
than astrophysics. We pay attention to solar energy as a clean alternative -
and to solar sunspots as a general areas of interest - but hardly ever do we
consider an interconnectivity of solar activity to LENR in hidden ways.
Could solar activity (sunspots) have a noticeable effect on experiments on
earth, unrelated to photon emission, especially where the probability of
success of the experiment is low. Neutrino periodicity is an example of an
unseen, non-photonic influence.

An LENR experiment that is positive 10% of the time may go relatively
unnoticed, but if positive 60% of the time we get excited. That kind of
thing could be relevant. We know that an approximate 11 year cycle of peak
activity exists in sunspots. Even if there is no other influence from a star
like eta Carina -it is worth noting that there is at least one cyclical
coincidence at work. Did you know that Solar emission of RF at 127 MHz has
being monitored at since 1958 and is found to follow the same 11 year cycle?
This means nothing specific, but is suggestive of cyclical emissions that
are completely unaccounted for.

The P&F announcement in 1989 was never tied to solar activity nor was
Rossi's first public experiment 22 years later. But the fact that these two
were two solar cycles apart should not be completely overlooked....

It would be interesting to know if there was a surge of successful reports
in 2000-2001. A quick scan of LENR-CANR shows 483 hits for year 2000 and
only 321 for 1999. This is meaningless really, since other factors are not
eliminated, but the point is that sun cycles could play a unappreciated role
in LENR.

... or not ...

From: Mauro Lacy
                                Well, here are the graphs:
                                http://maurol.com.ar/solar_cycle

                                The data was obtained from
http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/greenwch. I used the daily sunspot area as
an indicator of solar activity.
                                The method used is an estimate of power
spectral density by the Welch (1967) periodogram/FFT method, which is
readily available, by example in octave or Matlab. I had to do some manual
preprocessing of the data, and after fiddling for a relatively long time
with the scales, I finally began to obtain some meaningful values.

                                As can be seen in
http://maurol.com.ar/solar_cycle/daily_area-PSD3.png, there are two peaks
near Eta Carinae's period (5.539 years) of dimming X-ray activity , at 5.51
and 5.3 years. They are both much less significant than the main period of
the solar cycle (which by the way, seems to be actually near 10.6 years, not
11.04 years as usually stated), and there's is not a period of exactly 5.539
years, but they are close nevertheless. That is, there are (secondary)
periods of the solar system not in, but closer, to 5.539.
                                I obtained 5.539 years from the literature.
This site in particular was very helpful: http://etacar.umn.edu/

                                Regarding these results, I suppose you take
it or leave it. I mean, they really aren't that significant. But if you take
it, there are some interesting things to try:
                                1) smooth/consolidate the periodograms, to
try to obtain less noise, and higher peaks.
                                2) look for north hemisphere vs. south
hemisphere cycles. As Eta Car is south, maybe the periods in the south
hemisphere are closer to Eta Car's period. I'll do this next.
                                3) look for phase, not only frequency,
correlations. I have yet to learn how to do statistical phase analysis.

                                I hope you enjoy the pictures! If there are
some people interested, I can publish the scripts and techniques I used to
obtain the graphs. It really wasn't that difficult.

                                Best regards,
                                Mauro