>From Robin:

> I have never used WordPress, but any browser can also access files on your
> local
> PC without needing to install an http server. Just click on File on the menu
> and
> choose the Open (File?) option. I would guess that WordPress can access local
> files as "file://" rather than "http://";, but you should be able to just point
> at them using a file open dialog.
>
> Furthermore Word can edit html documents as can Open Office (free).

This was originally addressed to me, but I thought it was worth
sharing to the Collective!

I suspect you are right, Robin. In fact, I have done this on many
occasions with good results. The problem happens when one uses this
method without realizing one is doing it. This obviously results in
broken links when publishing static html links that point to page on a
local hard drive drive. Looks pretty stupid when trying to view
content out on the Internet. >8-0

Will take this under advisement.  ;-)

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson