I guess I hit a touchy subject with this one.  Rossi's device came up because
his heat gain(6) is so low relative to, as example, DGT(>20).  It has always
been my desire to have that number upped significantly and I would assume that
most of us feel the same way.   The heat pump issue arouse just because of the
relatively low gain performance demonstrated thus far and there was no attempt
on my part to claim that Rossi was using anything resembling heat pump
technology.  I was totally unaware that anyone really has made any assumptions
otherwise with a straight face.  If someone actually believes that LENR is some
strange form of heat pump then let them bring it up for debate.  Open
discussion of any issue would be good for us all.

By the way, I do know how heat pumps operate so the lecture is not necessary.
Remember, comparing numbers is not making assumptions about processes.

The 1 hour time frame suggested as adequate to prove self sustaining of the
reaction is absurd.  If super accurate instrumentation were available to
measure temperatures at many internal points and power input could be extremely
well determined then that might be correct.  The modest changes in device state
during that time frame might be projected accurately and the issue would be
settled.  But we all know that this is not what happened.  Sloppy measurement
techniques were used and too much uncertainty still exists which allows the
skeptics plenty of leeway.   Why is it so difficult to extend the self
sustaining period to a few days?  Virtually all of the skeptics would dissipate
after that demonstration and the world would know the LENR is proven just as we
realize.  Does anyone honestly believe that a self sustaining test of 1 week
duration is not more definitive than one of an hour?   Why not just make a 1
minute test instead?   Also, I can understand why some skeptics, perhaps
including NASA, would like to extend the self sustaining period.   A little
insurance is not a bad thing.

The device demonstrated by Thane Heins is clearly not a heat pump.  It, like a
heat pump as compared, will never be able to self power.   Both may appear as
if excess energy appears at the output or into some form of load, but it is
merely an illusion.  The reference to Rossi and DGT was coincidental and the
only reason was to compare numbers and not processes.

I am sorry if anyone considers open discussion disruptive.   My understanding
is that this mailing list is concerned with unusual processes and subjects.  It
is likely that vort members will find reasons to disagree on occasions and we
should make every attempt to understand the other members point of view instead
of launching negative personal attacks.

Dave