________________________________
 Von: David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com>
An: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Gesendet: 20:17 Montag, 2.April 2012
Betreff: Re: [Vo]:Question about Defkalion products page

>The most important factor is the Carnot efficiency of the potential heat
>engine that can be driven by the heat output of the LENR device.
Dave, ofcourse you are right in a sense.

It depends what you want to do.
Convert heat to electricity, mechanical energy or whatever.

Carnot mainly applies to the thermal-mechanical energy-transformation.
Whether this applies to thermal-electrical, for instance, I do not know.
Conventional power-plants working with turbines and such obviously do.
Thermal->mechanical->electrical.
Mechanical-electrical has an efficiency of say 95%, so Carnot dominates the
whole system.

If your goal is, to desalinate water, or warm your home, then 150degC is
sufficient.

Remember, that eg in France a lot of households have this:
nuclear heat->
high-temperature-steam->thermal-mechanical->mechanical-electricity->power-transmission->electric
 heater-> heat.

how absurd is this?

best regards
G.