>From the article:

*One of the features of these new particles, which the team christened
'dipolaritons', is that they are stretched out in a specific direction
rather like a bar magnet. *

*And just like magnets, they feel extremely strong forces between each
other.*

*Such strongly interacting particles are behind a whole slew of recent
interest from semiconductor physicists who are trying to make condensates,
the equivalent of superconductors and superfluids that travel without loss,
in semiconductors.*

Strongly interacting particles form condensates.

These particles exchange quantum characteristics until they all look alike
and become in fact the same super particle. If a condensate forms, then the
Electromagnetic force becomes a short range force, because the coulomb
barrier is shielded.

When superconductivity is involved, it’s a new ballgame, and all kinds of
strange things become possible.

On another note, I now understand why integral was so coy in our
conversations. I had the feeling he had the answer and was letting me twist
slowly, slowly in the wind.
If integral is right, I will need to learn quantum ring theory. But
Brillouin Energy also gets good results using basically the same mechanism
and they use standard theory. Success at cold fusion does not reliably pin
down what is really going on.

And then there is the other dozen types of cold fusion causations to
consider, including cavatation, Arata powder, and transmutation in living
things.

The cold fusion puzzle is not over yet.