Fair questions, Jaro,

Yes, there is a 782 Kev barrier to overcome.

Maybe I misunderstand the objection, but why is "0.1 ev" relevant?

Google "superfocusing nanoantenna plasmon" - aren't the electrons in
fields of nanostructure hotspots vastly more energetic than that?
Your starting baseline and the "7,000,000 times" figure may be incorrect.

A possible energy focusing mechanism (for the magnetic field case) is the
"Darwin interaction" term in the Darwin Lagrangian (or Hamiltonian).
See, for example, equation(29) on p.8 of -
"'Hidden' Momentum of a Steady Current Distribution in a System at 'Rest'"
http://puhep1.princeton.edu/~mcdonald/examples/current.pdf
This momentum is inconsequential in normal currents with very slow
elecrron drift velocities, but potentially huge in quasi-ballistic
beams/currents.

Storms equates an electron's energy with its kinetic (m(v^2)/2) energy.
This figure is also in the Darwin Lagrangian, but so are a huge number of
"cross terms" of "generalized momentum" due to inter-electron couplings.

Say we have 10,000,000 electrons all moving roughly in parallel and at the
same speed.  Let's attach subscripts to those electrons so that their
velocity vectors are designated v1, v2, v3, ..., v10000000.  Lets say the
electron with velocity v1 is in a collision.  Then the energy it can
deliver includes the usually kinetic energy proportional to the v1*v1 term
(dot product), but also includes the 9,999,999 weighted cross-terms,
v1*v2, v1*v3, v1*v4, ..., v1*v10000000.

While in diffusive currents these terms sum up destructively, in coherent
currents, they add up constructively and can be huge.  So, maybe, an
electron in a coherent beam can breach potential barriers much higher than
we normally think.

It may also be worth computing how an electron's magnetic field energy can
dwarf its kinetic energy in nanostructures.
For example, see (and plug in some nano-sized numbers into formulas at:)
"How Much of Magnetic Energy Is Kinetic Energy?"
http://www.physics.princeton.edu/~mcdonald/examples/kinetic.pdf

-- Lou Pagnucco