From: Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tue, Jun 26, 2012 1:59 pm
Subject: [Vo]:Re: [Vo]:Re: [Vo]: Dave’s Demon and Radiation Free LENR

http://arxiv.org/ftp/physics/papers/0101/0101089.pdf

In exploding foils in water experiments that are close to what LeClair is
doing, a heavy element is transmuted into multiple resultant elements; some
lighter and some much heaver.

Only heavy ion collisions in the many gigavolts kinetic energy range could come
close to producing similar types of transmutations.

>From the text of the reference:

The main regularities experimentally observed during the transformation of
chemical elements can be summarized as follows.

1. The transformation occurs predominantly with even-even isotope, which leads
to a notable distortion of the original isotope content.

2. Experiments with foils made of different chemical elements have shown that
they transform into individual spectra of elements, and the statistical weight
of each element is determined by concrete conditions.

3. For the set of chemical elements resulted from the transformation there is a
minimal difference D Åb between the binding energy of the original element and
the mean over spectrum binding energy of the formed elements. The difference of
binding energies DEb = Eorig - Eform (with account of the real isotope ratios)
calculated from mass-spectrometric measurements in different tests, falls
within the range DEb < 0.1 MeV/atom, which is clearly due to mass-spectrometric
measurements errors.

4. No increase in the binding energy difference DEb as a function of the
transformation fraction of the original chemical element has been detected.

5. All nuclei of chemical elements resulted from the transformation are in the
ground (non-excited) state, i.e. no appreciable radioactivity has been found.

If you find these types of experiment credible, how do they reflect your
current thinking?

Cheers:   Axil