At 03:49 PM 7/12/2012, Axil Axil wrote:

Here is a way to test my guess.

One indicator that the alpha particles come from fusion is a lack of light nuclear transmutation products; products with an atomic number less than the cathode material.

The indicator that helium is coming from fusion is that it is correlated to anomalous heat, in the FPHE, at approximately the deuterium fusion ratio.

From the begining, the assumption has always been that helium is a product of deuterium fusion. This assumption may not be true.

Well, "from the beginning," it was assumed that helium could not be the product. Helium only came to be known as the predominant ash when it was measured as correlated with the heat.

If helium is found in H/Ni ash, how could that helium be produce?

I'm not at all interested in this question; the question is about the FPHE, which is an effect in palladium deuteride. I would not expect helium as the product from NiH electrolytic experiments, unless the reaction is due to deuterium impurity in the light water.

As to gas loaded experiments, I expect the same ash as with electrolytic experiments, but this thread is only about a drop in resistance of the electrolyte (technically of the whole cell, but the resistance of the electrodes is small).

(The resistance of the electrolyte appears largely in the interface layer, a thin layer adjacent to the surface where the electrochemical reactions take place. This layer may be particularly sensitive to heat generated at or near the surface, as well as to short-range ionizing radiation sourced at or near the surface. The FPHE reaction is generally considered a surface reaction. Storms is attributing it to phenomena that take place in cracks, again at the surface. The helium is found in two places: in the evolved gas -- and thus probably in the bulk electrolyte, and in a thin layer near the surface of the cathode.)