http://www.e-catworld.com/2012/04/english-translation-of-build-instructions-for-pirelli-athanor-cell/

I would forget about Rossi because there are too many unknowns. I would
start with the Pirelli High school reactor because it is open source,
completely documented and produces a COP of 4.

But I would modify it to put in the things I love most: high voltage,
liquid metal, fountain reactors and of course, tungsten. If you can’t have
some fun then what is the use of trying.

Mix tungsten powder in with the lithium to make a paste, form two liquid
cylindrical flowing liquid columns about 3 cm in diameter and 10 cm apart
using a pump. Connect the liquid columns to a 50,000 volt DC source.  Covered
all by a high pressure hydrogen envelop and make one the anode and the
other column, the cathode. Now pass a 50,000 dc voltage pulse of 1
microsecond duration between the two columns at a duty cycle of 1 %.

In principle, this is what Robert Godes founder of Brillouin Energy is
doing except he uses solid wires. Godes is concerned about burning up his
thin wires with high electrical pulse power but when we use liquid wires,
they won’t burn out no matter how much pulse power we hit those liquid
wires with.

In addition at no extra cost and effort, we add some LeClair cavitation in
for good measure.

The spark will cause cavitation on the surface of the liquid wires.

Check for excess heat.  Then in the next experiment: add fine carbon
powder. Next experiment: Replace carbon powder with fine Calcium oxide
powder. Next: try K2CO3 and so on.

Cheers:   Axil