Axil,

Tungsten would be a whole new game in town.

Its main 'advantage' being that it would make Rossi's claims a bit more
plausible.
My personal experience is:
Stick to what is working, and do not make major changes.

My major objection, based on a bit of common sense, still holds:
LENR is NOT a homogenous process and necessarily has its hot spots, far
surpassing average temperature.
I think we a gree that 1000degC is dangerously close to recrystallization,
which,
with Ni seems to be somewhere near 1120degC.
If this is correct, Rossi would have managed nearly perfect control of the
process, leaving all his competitors in the dust.

Another aspect being: with a 'dry' process one cannot remove the process heat,
so it would have to be a 'wet' process, where the cooling fluid is in direct
contact to the reactant.

But in this case (wet process) all MY mental conceptions of the nature of the
process break down.

Quite possibly I'm wrong, as an armchair theorist in the issue. Just assembling
the laws of nature and the evidences to something possible.
Rossi has to deliver evidence, to prove me wrong.
Up to now he nearly did nothing of this sort.
Right now the probability that Rossi is a bigmouth with an illusion of grandeur
is much higher than him actually delivering something.

Guenter