Jojo,

Thanks.  It is a very elegant and simple explanation (I guess that is why
it is called a singularity).   Einstein in his final years worked in this
area.  Hawking/Penrose should be thanked as well as all of the others now
working on it.  In truth, we have been surrounded by the process daily when
lightning strikes and electrical currents ebb and flow.  We have been given
a 3rd gift of Nuclear Energy, I hope we do better than we have with the
first two.  The nuclear discharge from a singularity is truly the stuff
universes are made of and we now have that power.  To that which much is
given, much is expected.  I hope we as a race live up to that expectation.

Godspeed