From: OrionWorks - Steven Vincent Johnson <orionwo...@charter.net>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thu, Aug 9, 2012 10:01 pm
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Noble Gas Plasma Engine: inside piccy

> Would you mind giving us a short preview of the higher
> power effects you simulated.  I did a similar thing once
> and all I recall is that the second order drop with distance
> was the only one that was stable in orbits.  My simulation
> was a bit crude at the time so I am asking you for your
> observations.  Thanks.

Hi Dave,

Against my better judgment I have decided to give a small preview.

Check out:

http://test.orionworks.com/

As you might have guessed this is one of the sub-domain locations where I'm in
the midst of performing a major overhaul of my entire web site. THIS LOCATION
IS A TEST SITE! EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION! Lots of links here don't
work, or work incorrectly. Things here are constantly subject to change without
notice as I experiment & fiddle about with this and that feature. Here today…
gone tomorrow.

The celestial mechanics animation is a multi-framed gif file.

I chose using an animated GIF file in this situation over flash because flash
is not supported on Apple's IPad platform... at least not officially. It's a
shame.

I believe this particular animation involved three factors: a positive force
1/r (NOT 1/r^2) a negative/repulsive 1/r^3 force and an external constant force
that was gradually built up over a series of animations. It was the external
force that changed over the entire simulation run. Everything else remained a
constant, so to speak. The external force is gradually building up from the
bottom of the picture. As the force builds upward it gradually forces the
orbiting satellite to gyrate (wiggle and dance!) upwards. Eventually it pops
out of the picture! What astonished me as I ran these simulations were the
number of unexpected bifurcations that would suddenly manifest when I least
expected it. Many, MANY of my simulations exhibited an astonishing number of
unexpected bifurcations.

I have generated many other simulations that produce far more interesting
effects, and beauty. Hopefully before the end of the year I’ll have a few
additional things out there… We’ll see how it goes.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks