Looks like Rossi has invented a tube furnace,or bought one and coated it in
a refractory.

Not a very convincing picture.  No visible connections for gas or other
fluids, no temperature sensors, just a couple of electrical supplies.
 Typically shoddy Rossi work, and again I ask myself is this deliberate to
create more uncertainty, or simply lazy?

Also unclear how this heat is being radiated away when there is only a
small hole for the heat to leave through, and from the colour it doesn't
look like it is over 1000°C (though photos can be deceptive the rest of the
environment around the picture looks quite normal).  From colour the outer
surface is quite obviously relatively cool, not 800°C - looks more like
<500°C. (I used to work with engine exhausts that ran in 500-1000°C range,
so have some experience of heat-colour, eg check out what looks like a
950°C max exhaust: http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/177605.html)

Doing a very crude estimate:  holes in ends 40mm diameter (assuming bolts
are 14mm), area .0012m² and radiating about 150kW/m² (1000°C black body to
30°C environment, is only radiating about 150W from each end.  While outer
surface at 500°C (radiating 20kW/m²) and assuming 140mm diameter and 300mm
long or about 0.13m² total, would give about 2.6kW of radiated heat.  So we
are in the right ball park if the input energy was 3.5kW as stated.

There are not many metals that will withstand operating at such high
temperatures, and not safely when exposed to hydrogen at pressure.  Not
pressure sealing sounds like rubbish, refractory sealants wont seal metals
at high temp due to differential thermal expansion.

The mention of gas heating makes me very suspicious that this will be his
next method for hiding or confusing the results that he produces in yet
another unconvincing demo.

Compared and contrasted to Celani and Defkalion's recent info, Rossi needs
to lift his game a lot if he want to keep playing, but he is doing nothing
to improve his believability.

Rossi is looking more and more dodgy in my book, and this is even giving
him the benefit of the doubt for his many lies in the last year (selling
1MW reactor etc).  I would be quite happy if he disappeared never to be
seen again as without a proper demo he is doing nothing but harm to the
field.  It would be seriously disappointing if Defkalion turned out to be
scammers too - but the detail in their latest releases seems pretty
convincing.