James Bowery wrote:

Is there a design for this $50,000, 2 man-month high temperature calorimeter?

I would suggest a flow calorimeter. A Seebeck calorimeter large enough to hold this would cost a lot.

Celani has a precision flow calorimeter but it would not work with this device, at these temperatures. Several people suggested he should stop what he is doing and build another before doing more tests. He says he would like to go straight to a self-sustaining test. Frankly, I think his plan is much better. Unlike a flow calorimeter, a self-sustaining test will not tell us how much heat is coming out, but the first stage of the test will give some indication. The anomalous heat will approximately equal the electric heat needed at first to sustain the operating temperature of 120 deg C.

It does not really matter if it sustains at 1 W or 20 W. If it goes for more than a few minutes it is anomalous.